10 Ways to Dine Out for Less
From time to time, BrightStar will offer helpful financial tips on our blog. Today we’re focusing on ways to save money when you dine out.
- Visit swanky places for breakfast or lunch. It’s the same atmosphere for lower prices.
- Order two appetizers. It’s sometimes cheaper than one entrée, but for the same amount of food.
- Indulge in a nice bar of chocolate or ice-cream cone rather than having a pricy restaurant desert.
- Dine on Mondays or Tuesdays for “early week” deals.
- Ask the waiter what the specials cost. He may not say and you don’t want to be unpleasantly surprised when the check arrives.
- Bring your own wine. The corkage fee can be a deal when compared to a restaurant bottle.
- Always ask about student, senior, and children’s discounts.
- Look in your local paper for coupons. Even expensive restaurants offer them.
- Have a small snack before you go to avoid ordering too much.
- Always inspect the check carefully for errors. Look to see if the tip was included too, particularly of you are a large party – you’ll double the gratuity if you’re not alert.